One of the more common challenges we hear about when trying to eat well is managing picky eaters. It can be difficult when you’re trying to stick to your healthy foods, but all your kids will eat is warm, buttery pasta.
Instead of trying to either make two meals (salmon and Brussels for you, pasta for the kids) or only eating what your kids will eat (frozen pizza for all), try meeting in the middle. With these healthy, yet kid friendly recipes, you can enjoy dinner as a family.
Here are our top 10 family friendly dinner recipes:
- The Ultimate Better-For-You Butternut Squash Mac N’ Cheese: Skip the butter and orange powder in this plant based comfort food dish you kids will love. Pair with a veggie or salad and a protein like roast chicken for a complete meal.
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup: Top this slow cooker recipe with a dollop of Greek yogurt and avocado and you’ve got hearty dish you can all enjoy.
- Turkey Sloppy Joes Over Zucchini Noodles: A healthier take on spaghetti and meatballs for the pasta lovers in your family.
- Breakfast For Dinner: While you can do breakfast for dinner 100 different ways, we love these eggs fried in a bell pepper for a fun shape you kids will adore.
- Mini Meatloaves: Mini anything and your young ones will be requesting seconds. We love this recipe with simple, whole food ingredients.
- DIY Burrito Bowls: Meals that allow for customization without extra prep work mean everyone can “have it their way”.
- Baked Paleo Chicken Tenders: This version of a kid favorite uses almond flour and coconut for a more sophisticated take on chicken fingers. Pair with a veggie and salad and dinner is complete.
- Pesto Spaghetti Squash Pasta: You can hide greens and veggies in a pesto sauce and call spaghetti squash “pasta” and no one will complain about a plateful of vegetables.
- Sweet Potato Pasta with Almond Butter Sauce: All the noodle-y goodness of a bowl of pasta without skimping on the vegetables.
- Coconut Red Lentil Peanut Soup: Sweet and warming, kids and adults alike will love this recipe.
What are your favorite, healthy family meals? We’d love to hear! Head on over to Facebook and let us know.